Existing cable TV networks upgraded with high-performance HFC-structured forward and return paths provide a multi-media platform. Services such as fast Internet access, Video-on-Demand and telephony generate added value over and above the conventional transmission of TV and radio signals. The installation of fibre optic cabling allows the creation of networks with the greatest bandwidths which mean a safe long-term investment for the future. This is where the CMTS and CCAP solutions in (Euro)DOCSIS 3.0 and the forthcoming DOCSIS 3.1 can be used, which provide HFC networks with major competitive advantages over other access networks.
Kathrein is always able to offer the appropriate solution, due to our extensive range of products.
- Professional reception systems
- Optical transmitters and receiver systems
- Modular optical compact receivers
- Compact amplifiers in all performance classes
- Home amplifiers, also with monitoring facility
- CMTS (Cable modems and termination systems)
- House and building network interfaces
- Taps, splitters, accessories